Saturday, June 5, 2010

A DVD Talk Forum Post about Commentaries-Extended Edition

Well I am a fan of the Funny commentaries. I occasionally listen to just technical or informative ones but I make it a point to listen and in some cases re listen time and time again some of the funny ones.

My favorite commentaries are by Kevin Smith and his View Askew crew,Bruce Campbell,Edgar Wright and/or Simon Pegg,John Carpenter,George Romero and/or Tom Savini and The Rock. My 1st commentary I ever listened to is still my favorite tho. The Evil Dead II commentary. It was hilarious and very informative. But all of the people mentioned above always get me to listen to a commentary,and sometimes buy stuff I wouldn't otherwise(like Thou Shalt Not Kill....EXCEPT with Bruce Campbell being the most prime example as quite frankly that movie is AWFUL,but the commentary is hilarious and informative much like the Evil Dead II track). And after watching the films,and listening to the Commentaries of Kevin Smith,I have over 200 hours of entertainment(probably closer to 300) when you consider his films,the fantastic documentaries,and the hilarious commentaries,then add his Podcast-SModcast which is at about 120 episodes(at the moment) all at least 52 minutes in length,and some going over the 2 hour mark,and then due to that it leads to even more hours of entertainment in SModcast's "Sister" Podcasts TellEmSteveDave and The Mo & Glo(ria) Show Podcasts. So if it wasn't for commentaries I would never have found such a love for Kevin Smith,and wouldn't have all those hours of entertainment. So I guess Commentaries mean alot more to me than I ever realized.

Sorry for the rant :)

Okay so I posted that on the DVD Talk Forum in the DVD Talk subsection of the DVD Discussions section of the board in a thread as to what the appeal of Commentaries were on June 5th at 4:09am.

Wow. I meant it when I said I never realized that commentaries meant that much to me. I mean having almost 300 hours(if not more) of entertainment just related to Kevin Smith,and I owe all of that to listening to a commentary track. I guess I'm glad I listened to the Evil Dead II commentary 1st and found that the tracks can be so funny and informative,and not some of the other tracks I have listened to,even tho off the top of my head I can't think of 1,but I know there are some commentaries that I have either started listening to and turned off or listened all the way through even if it wasn't that good. And things always seem to lead back to Suncoast when it comes to entertainment and friends. I bought the Evil Dead II dvd at Suncoast,and pre-ordered Jersey Girl & Clerks. X at Suncoast. So not only has Suncoast brought me 3 of my very best friends who are still friends(unlike friends I have made elsewhere) to this very day,but it also brought to me 100s of hours of entertainment in Kevin Smith Movies,Commentaries,Documentaries,and Podcasts as well as 1000s of hours with all the DVDs I bought there over the years meaning more Movies,TV Shows,Documentaries,Commentaries. Then theres the fact that in relation to Suncoast bringing me 3 of my best friends and all those hours of entertainment,but then add the fact that if it wasn't for Kevin Smith's SModcast I would have never have bought an iPod,and if not for Kevin Smith's commentaries I may not have gotten a Blu-Ray player yet,since I bought my 1st Blu-Ray player because they had announced that the Catch & Release DVD would have NO features while the Blu-Ray had a few features including a Kevin Smith commentary track,even tho once released the DVD turned out to have that commentary but not the Making of,Deleted Scenes,and Auditions,but the commentary opened my eyes to what Blu-Ray had to offer and shortly after buying my 1st Blu-Ray player(the PS3) I would then feel inclined to buy a 52 Inch HDTV(only 720p tho,but it was below $600,and 52 Inches,but its still a fantastic TV)

So there was another boring rant about how much Suncoast brought to my life,and basically saying how much I miss it.

No comments:

Post a Comment