Thursday, June 10, 2010

Early Return-My Thoughts on the Movies I watched on the Camping Trip

So we came home a day early because my Dad had to make an appointment with our weight-loss surgeon because he has a Hernia. But this blog is gonna be my thoughts on some of the movies we watched on the trip,theater AND DVD,most of which was a 1st time viewing.

SUNDAY JUNE 6TH
MOVIE I-Shrek Forever After at the Drive In
-Ok so this is my 2nd viewing since coming to theaters because I had seen it in 3D at a traditional theater. I don't really see the hate of the Shrek sequels. They aren't meant to be arthouse films,they are for kids mostly,granted with alot of winks to the older people in the audience. I'm 20 and like the Shrek series,so sue me. But I read so many reviews that bashed Shrek the Third and Shrek Forever After,and a few even that bashed Shrek 2,and if you like the 1st what the hell is wrong with the other 3? I don't know. Anyways a thumbs up for Shrek 4.

MONDAY JUNE 7TH
MOVIE II-Damage(Starring Stone Cold Steve Austin) on DVD in the Trailer
-Yeah it was completely predictable,but the action was good,and the story was decent enough. This was my 1st viewing,and liked the movie more than Austin's The Stranger,but not nearly as much as Austin's The Condemned. Thumbs up for Damage.

MOVIE III-It's Complicated on a Redbox-Rented DVD in the Trailer
-So this was another 1st viewing. It was just ok,a few laughs here and there,but with Steve Martin & Alec Baldwin involved I expected better. But I do have a question...why was this Rated R? Theres no nudity or alot of language or anything,and to be honest I've seen more suggestive episodes of Friends(which is my favorite show) than what was in this movie. Thumbs in the middle.

MOVIE IV-Defendor on a Redbox-Rented DVD in the Trailer
-This was underwhelming. Yes it was a Direct To DVD movie,but the reviews and the talent involved got me excited for it. I mean don't get me wrong,I did like it and will buy it one day but not until its $10 or less. It just was sooooooooo slow at times. My Dad HATED the movie and said it was as bad as another movie we saw on a camping trip at the Drive-In a little movie called "Adventures of Shark Boy & Lava Girl" which is one of the absolute worst movies I have ever watched,and had to watch all of it to get to the 2nd movie that night. Oh wait we are talking about Defendor,ok the premise sounded great,a child like man(Autistic) decides to dress up as a superhero due to something that was mentioned when he was a kid and his grandfather owned a comic book shop,but the execution wasn't right. Thumbs in the middle here.

TUESDAY JUNE 8TH

MOVIE V-Prince of Persia The Sands of Time in Theaters
-Ok the 4th movie getting a 1st viewing on the trip. I have never played the POP games and didn't have any idea what I was getting into with only the theatrical trailer in front of Iron Man II,and was pleasantly surprised,not enough to out do my 4 movies(with a tie) in my Top 3 of the year but it was really good. Thumbs up.

MOVIE VI-Marmaduke in Theaters
-Yes I actually went to see Marmaduke. I had never seen a single preview for it,and only saw the poster,and I'm a sucker for Dog movies. And I liked it. I can see why people would hate it,but I have enough kid in me to like it. Thumbs up.

MOVIE VII-Beverly Hills Cop II on DVD in the Trailer.
-Ok so 7th movie on the trip and its the 6th 1st viewing of the trip. I have had the Beverly Hills Cop Trilogy Box Set since 2004,and I hadn't watched any of them until a few months ago when me and my Dad watched the 1st one. So now about 4 months after watching the 1st I finally sit down to watch the 2nd,and it was good but not as good as the 1st one. But still thumbs up.

MOVIE VIII-Beverly Hills Cop III on DVD in the Trailer
-Ok so you should be able to tell that this is the 1st time viewing of this as well. I actually liked III better than II,but that may be because I am a Disney World fan and it was kinda cool to see the story take place mostly in a Disney World Rip-Off theme park setting. Thumbs up.

WEDNESDAY JUNE 9TH

MOVIE IX-Killers in Theaters
-This was the final movie watched on the Camping Trip and man what a crappy ending to movie watching on the trip. The action was pretty good,and there was some good laughs,but what a horribly stupid ending that ruined the entire movie. Thumbs down.

And the rest of the time was spent either listening to my iPod,or watching Family Guy.

Oh and we saw something on the way to go to a movie theater 40 minutes away from the camp grounds. My Dad saw cops up ahead and thought it was a seatbelt road block so we stopped and killed ourselves getting the seatbelts on and it turned out there were 2 cops at a scene of a crash but not just any crash,no a Pick-Up Truck had driven BAM right into a house. But sadly we didn't have a camera,but it was quite the visual.

No comments:

Post a Comment